â€œFor whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.â€Â Â Â (1 John 5:4)
The power behind our overcoming victory is none other than the presence of the Holy Spirit of God who indwells the twice-born (1 John 4:4) because of â€œour faith.â€
Much has been recorded by the apostle John about the basis of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God who came in the flesh to lay down His life as the propitiation for our sins. The completion of His work in us will be realized at His coming: â€œWhen he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he isâ€ (1 John 3:2).
These great truths are the foundational anchor that keeps our faith strong and our hope secure in Christ. Yet there is much more to come.
- We will â€œeat of the tree of lifeâ€ (Revelation 2:7).
- We will â€œnot be hurt of the second deathâ€ (Revelation 2:11).
- We will be given â€œa new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth itâ€ (Revelation 2:17).
- We will have â€œpower over the nationsâ€ (Revelation 2:26).
- We will â€œbe clothed in white raimentâ€ and confessed before the heavenly Father and His angels (Revelation 3:5).
- We will be made â€œa pillar in the templeâ€ of God, and â€œshall go no more outâ€ (Revelation 3:12).
- We will be granted â€œto sitâ€ with the Lord Jesus on His throne (Revelation 3:21).
- We will â€œinherit all thingsâ€ (Revelation 21:7).
Is it any wonder that John spoke of our â€œvictoryâ€ that awaits us when we have â€œovercomeâ€ the world? May God grant us the steadfast faith to â€œoccupyâ€ until He comes (Luke 19:13). HMM III