(BPT) - Drones are everywhere today. And thanks to their first-person view cameras — which allow operators and spectators alike to see the world through the drone's point of view — drone racing has become an incredibly popular sport that thrills lovers of speed and intensity. Players and spectators can follow the electrifying aerobatics of drones as they twist and turn, whizzing through three-dimensional courses at speeds up to 120 mph.
If you’re obsessed with everything drones, you can satisfy your need for speed by playing a new heart-pumping drone racing game. A decade since the first ready-to-fly drone was released, enthusiasts everywhere can now train and become professional drone pilots themselves. The world’s largest live drone racing league, Drone Champions League (DCL), has released their first online drone game: DCL - The Game.
Through this exciting new online racing game, DCL gives players the chance to become a real-life Drone Prix Champion, plus the opportunity to compete with professionals in real life. To live the drone dream, players can now register for the draft and play DCL – The Game. Increase your skills while you play, upping your game until you clock the fastest times so you can qualify to battle the best of the best for a seat on the DCL team.
DCL - The Game is ideal for all drone pilot fans as well as any gamers who want to challenge themselves with thrilling first-person view drone racing, competing with freestyle pilots, camera drone operators and experienced drone racing pilots alike.
The game includes:
- Over 30 incredible drone racing tracks to challenge you, including several spectacular fantasy tracks.
- 1:1 virtual real drone racing tracks, such as the castle ruins of Reutte, Austria, the Drone Prix Brussels and the snow half-pipes of LAAX.
- Some of the world's most iconic locations, like the Great Wall of China; Torino, Italy and the Rapperswil Castle in Zurich, Switzerland.
- Opportunities for players to earn and unlock over 100 cosmetic items to personalize their drones, such as drone skins and trails.
- The chance to play with pilots from all over the world in multi-player modes — up to 30 people at once.
DCL offers four different flight modes, for beginners through more experienced players:
- Arcade mode: Simplified control features and automatic assistance to help maintain your altitude provide a good starter mode for players new to drone racing.
- GPS mode: This mode is highly realistic, but not made for racing. It flies like a standard camera drone, but offers stabilization and altitude control so you can improve your skills.
- Angle mode: Once you're more comfortable with the controls, this mode allows freedom to develop your style, while offering protection from radical pitch (similar to "stabilized mode" on amateur racing drones).
- Acro mode: For the most experienced pilots — how the pros fly. You'll have complete control for competition at the highest level.
Drone Champions League (DCL) is the recognized championship league for professional drone racing teams, an innovative race series that blurs the line between virtual and reality. Since 2016, DCL has attracted the world’s best drone pilots, who quality for each race in DCL - The Game and then go on to compete on international teams in real-life settings, ranging from visually stunning global capitals to surreal environments highlighting natural wonders.
Visit DCL - The Game, where you can watch action-packed drone game videos, read about upcoming events, watch game-play tutorials and see who the high-scorers are on the leaderboard — plus learn more about all your heart-racing gaming options.