MEXICALI B.C — Here are the top five Aguilas for Mexicali’s feathered fliers during the week of August 27 through September 1.
5) Phillip Evans: It’s been a week full of activity for the Iowa Cubs slugger. On August 28, Evans hit two singles in four at-bats versus the Oklahoma City Dodgers. On September 2, Evans added another pair of hits and scored three runs. Phillip also bats third in the line up for the Chicago Cubs affiliate team.
4) Adam Choplick: Continuing his role as reliever for the Blue Carbs of Southern Maryland, Choplick pitched for three wins and two losses. In 47 tosses, Adam has thrown 55 strikes, walked 22 batters, and has only given up one home run. During the week, Choplick conceded no homers.
3) Trevor Megill: While participating in three games during the week, Megill managed to come up with a pair of saves. Trevor had effective relief outings in all of his mound appearances. In four innings pitched, Megill gave up five hits, fanned six batters, and earned two saves while pitching for the Padres AAA affiliate team, the El Paso Chihuahuas.
2) Fabricio Macias: During this week, as the fourth batter in the line up for the single-A Pittsburgh Pirates affiliate Greensboro Grasshoppers, Macias tallies seven hits in 20 at-bats, contributed six runs batted in, and scored two runs of his own. In his 10 most recent outings, Macias is batting .333.
1) Greg Mahle: The starting lefty has enjoyed solid outings during the week and in seven pitched innings only gave up six hits, one run scored, no walks, three strike outs, and continues to shine with the Anaheim Angels AA affiliate, Mobile Bay Bears. Mahle currently has a record of three wins and here losses with a 2.22 ERA.
* All information and statistics provided by Mexicali Aguilas