MEXICALI B.C. — The Águilas have announced the Top Five Feathered Fliers for the week of May 28 through June 2:
5) Luis Juarez took on the pitching staff of the Tijuana Toros and put up five hits in 13 at-bats, connected on a four-run homer, and is currently batting “clean-up” (number four slot) for the Yucatan Leones.
4) Leo German is an outfielder for the Tecolotes of Los Dos Laredo and continued contributing offensively while punishing the pitching crews of the Saltillo Saraperos and Durango Generales with eight hits in 18 opportunities, two home runs, produced three RBIs, scored four, and is currently batting .373.
3) Jake Sanchez tallied a pair of saves in two outings marking 10 on the season thus far. During this stretch of the season, Sanchez pitched in three games, three and a half innings of which he only gave up one hit without any walks and struck out five batters against the Yucatan Leones and the Laguna Algodoneros.
2) Berny Heras belted two home runs, knocked in six baserunners, scored five times himself, and produced seven hits in 18 at-bats versus the Leon Bravos and Diablos Rojos of Mexico. Heras is currently batting .302 for the Quintana Roo Tigres.
1) Ricky Alvarez earned “Águila of the Week” honors by a stroke of random luck. Alvarez hit four homers and nine runs batted in this week, as well as connecting on eight hits in 23 at-bats, scored four runs, and continues batting clean-up on the Tijuana Toros line-up. Alvarez has produced 41 runs, 13 homers, and is batting .328.
* All stats and information provided by Mexicali Águilas.