The Imperial County Registrar of Voters announced a general election will be held November 3. The following offices for which candidates may be nominated are as follows:
- Imperial County Board of Education
- Desert Community College
- Imperial Community College
- Calexico Unified School District
- Calipatria Unified School District
- Coachella Valley Unified School District
- Holtville Unified School District
- Imperial Unified School District
- San Pasqual Valley Unified School District
- Brawley Union High School
- Central Union High School
- Brawley Elementary School District
- El Centro Elementary School District
- Heber Elementary School District
- Magnolia Union Elementary School District
- McCabe Union Elementary
- Mulberry Union Elementary
- Seeley Union Elementary School District
- Westmorland Elementary School District
- Heffernan Memorial Healthcare District
- Pioneers Memorial Healthcare District
- Heber Public Utility District
- Palo Verde County Water District
- City of Brawley
- City of Calexico
- City of Calipatria
- City of El Centro
- City of Holtville
- City of Imperial
- City of Westmorland
Candidates for the cities of Brawley, Calexico, Calipatria, El Centro, Holtville, Imperial, and Westmorland are required to file with their respective city clerk.
Qualifications for the offices require candidates to be registered electors residing within the boundaries of the district or division thereof.
Coachella Valley Water District (CVWD) requires that candidates be registered electors residing within the boundaries of the District and within the division.
Beginning July 13, Declaration of Candidacy for eligible persons desiring to file for elective offices will be available at the Office of the Registrar of Voters located at 940 West Main Street, Room 206 in El Centro. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, due to COVID-19, the office remains open for appointments only. Declaration of Candidacy must be filed with the Registrar of Voters Office no later than 5 p.m. August 12.
If a Declaration of Candidacy for any incumbent elective officer of a district is not filed by 5 p.m. August 7, any person other than the incumbent shall have until 5 p.m. August 12, to file a Declaration of Candidacy for the elective office.
For information regarding the general election or to schedule an appointment to file a Declaration of Candidacy, please contact the Registrar of Voters at (442) 265-1060.