Donâ€™t be surprised if you see the colors red, white, and blue in excess this week. Not only is the 4th of July this Saturday, but also the USA Womenâ€™s National Soccer Team will be facing Germany on Tuesday for a spot in the finals of the Womenâ€™s World Cup. Should team USA win, they will play in the final match on July 5th, this week is definitely going to be an epic week to celebrate all things USA!
As I have mentioned plenty of times before, I love this holiday and all that goes on to celebrate it. You can bet I will be dressing for all of the festivities this week and practicing my chant of USA, USA, USA. Then, this weekend I will be celebrating in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with great friends, food, and fireworks!
Hopefully you have you menu somewhat planned out already so you can be prepared for your own festivities, but should you not, hopefully todayâ€™s post will provide you with some ideas. Last week, I provided a great recipe for grilled corn that is sure to spruce up your weekend BBQ. This week I am going to cover easy and quick snacks/dessert that are perfect for both the 4th of July and a soccer watch party!
American Flag Snack:
2 packages yogurt-covered pretzels
2 packages strawberries (hulled and cut in half)
2 packages blueberries
1) In a shallow pan (size is your choice. The bigger the pan, the more ingredients you will need) place clear square containers of the blueberries in the top left hand corner.
2) Make alternating lines beginning with strawberries of strawberries and pretzels to act as the stripes of the flag. Continue until the pan is full and the flag is complete.
American Flag Brownies!!!
This recipe is very similar to the one above except we take out the pretzels; add in some brownies and frosting!
1 box of your favorite brownie mix
2 can of vanilla frosting
1 container of blueberries
2 containers strawberries (strawberries should be hulled and cut in half)
1) Bake brownies according to directions on box
2) Once brownies have cooled, frost them with the vanilla frosting
3) Place blueberries in top left corner in a 5×5 square
4) Alternate strawberries with frosting in lines to make the stars. Start with the strawberries and use a thick star tip on a piping bag to make the white stripes. I was able to make about 7 stripes starting and ending with the strawberries.
5) For added decoration, use a small star tip and pipe frosting in between the blueberries.
6) Celebrate America and enjoy!!!