To celebrate and recognize Clean Air Day, the Imperial County Air Pollution Control District (ICAPCD) announced the inaugural Clean Air Day Calendar Contest. The ICAPCD is asking Imperial County students (Grades K–8) to create a poster on the importance of clean air and what to do to help reduce air pollution.
- Draw a color picture that shows what we can all do to help clean our air. Drawings must be your own ORIGINAL artwork. (No tracing or prefabricated drawings)
- Design your picture on an 8½" x 11" horizontal white piece of paper.
- Eligible contestants MUST currently attend an elementary school in the Imperial County.
- Write a clean-air message on the drawing in English and/or Spanish. (Bilingual entries are encouraged) Ex: "We Care for Clean Air" "Oh Shoot, Don't Pollute""Be The Solution to Air Pollution""Protect the Air We Share""Go Green, Breathe Clean" "Be Cute, Don't Pollute"
- Please complete the entry form on the back of the flyer and include it with your artwork.
- Please DO NOT fold or staple your drawing.
- All entries will be judged on basis of creativity, originality, and relevance to the theme of improving our air quality. ICAPCD staff will judge all entries.
- All entries become property of the ICAPCD. Judges' decision is final.
- Turn in artwork by the November 22, 2019 deadline.
- All entries to be mailed to:
Imperial County APCD
Attn: Calendar Contest
150 S. 9th St.
El Centro, CA 92243
If you have any questions, please contact ICAPCD Administrative Analyst Gil Rebollar at (442) 265-1800 or GilbertRebollar@co.imperial.ca.us