Just in time for fall and pumpkin season!
(Makes 33 muffins, or 24 muffins and some mini muffins)
2 cupsÂ lightly packed brown sugar
2 cups cooked or canned pumpkin
1 1/4 cups melted butter
3 cups flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
Chopped nuts (pumpkin seeds,walnuts, pecans)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat together cheesecake filling ingredients, set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar together until combined.
- Slowly beat in melted butter.
- Stir in flour, spices, and baking soda.
- Stir in pumpkin.
- Fill muffin tins (greased or paper cups) half full. Put 1-2 tsp cream cheese mixture in the middle, or fill the tins 3/4 of the way and just top with cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp chopped nuts, and or cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the muffin part (do not touch the cheesecake part, it will be wobbly!). Let cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely.
* If you don’t want to mess with all the spices, use pumpkin pie spice.