IMPERIAL COUNTY – August is National Child Support Awareness Month and it is a time when the Imperial County Department of Child Support Services (“ICDCSS”) recognizes that child support is the way a parent can shape a child’s future. To show its appreciation for families and focus on the importance of providing financial support for children, the ICDCSS will be conducting the following various outreach activities during the month of August:
License Release Program: Allows parents a limited time opportunity to reinstate driver’s licenses that have been suspended for non-payment of back child support so long as current income information, picture ID, one current payment, and a $25.00 payment on arrears is received. (In some cases, licenses may be released with an even lower payment.) This program will run from August 1, 2016, through September 30, 2016. After this date, parents wishing to keep their licenses from being suspended again should keep their accounts current.\
“Child Support on Wheels”: ICDCSS will have staff members present at remote locations of Imperial County ready to serve the public and answer child support case questions, or to provide general information about child support services. These specific locations and dates are:
- Brawley Public Library, 400 Main Street, Suite 1, Brawley, CA 92227
Staff members will be present from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. the last three Tuesdays in August (August 16, 23, and 30) to accommodate parents who might want to speak to a child support professional. No appointment is necessary.
- Valley Plaza Courthouse, 1625 W. Main Street, 2d Floor, El Centro, CA 92243
Open each Wednesday in August from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. No appointment is necessary.
- Probation Department Day Reporting Center, 324 Applestill Road, El Centro, CA 92243
Staff members will be present from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Thursdays in August to accommodate parents who might want to speak to a child support professional. No appointment is necessary.
- Mexican Consulate in Calexico, CA, 408 Heber Avenue, Calexico, CA 92231
Staff members will be present from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. each Friday in August to accommodate parents who might want to speak to a child support professional. No appointment is necessary.
- Imperial Valley College, 380 E. Aten Road, Imperial, CA 92251
Staff members will be present from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on August 9, 2016 to accommodate parents who might want to speak to a child support professional. No appointment is necessary.
- Extended Office Hours: ICDCSS will provide extended office hours during the month of August and will close at 5:00 p.m. to accommodate parents who would like to visit the office after 4:30 p.m.
- Imperial County Workforce Development Office MOU Signing: ICDCSS will also enter into a memorandum of understanding with the Imperial County Workforce Development Office in order to serve mutual clients in need of career services.
In addition to the above, ICDCSS encourages any person that currently has a child support case open in the county and whose individual circumstances have changed, to contact ICDCSS at (866) 901-3212 or visit the office at 2795 South 4th Street, El Centro, CA 92243 for information.