EL CENTRO â€“ Since being displaced from their original church by the earthquake of Easter, 2010, Christ Community Church (CCC) has shown by example how to have a strong church without having a building.
After three years of holding services in various locations around the city of El Centro, CCC has a new home.
Located at 590 W. Orange Avenue in El Centro, the new sanctuary features modern architecture and incorporates state-of-the-art sound and media to get their message to the congregation.
At 10:00 a.m. Sunday morning, Christ Community Church officially had a new home. With over 1100 people in attendance, the energy was high.
A clock was counting down the days, hours, and minutes until the first service in the new sanctuary. When the clock neared the 10 second mark, the massive crowd helped count down the last seconds, erupting into applause.
As the Worship Team, led by Worship Director Grisel Colace, entered the platform, the audience welcomed them with applause, too.
Pastor Walter Colace, beaming because of Godâ€™s benevolence, explained the long road from the initial earthquake to the finishing of the new sanctuary.
Plaques of appreciation were presented to each of the contractors who had a part in the construction from the engineers to the carpet layers.
A video played showing the progression of the building of the sanctuary.
Associate Pastor Chris Nunn dedicated the new sanctuary while elders of the church stood with him on stage.
Pastor Colaceâ€™s sermon included how God changed his life. The congregation was so moved that 45 people made commitments to the Lord.
Service at Christ Community Church is Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m.
Â [nggallery id=27]